Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Couple in Bungoma fight over child custody


Written by Saenyi Daniel

The husband (R) Mr. Meshack Nyongesa and Daughter at the middle.

It was a bizarre scene outside the Bungoma District hospital when a man and his wife caused a commotion over the custody of their son.

Mrs. Jackline Nyongesa, 27 mother of 4, claimed that her husband abandoned his family to go live with a widow in Webuye.

Jackline disclosed that he had taken her sick child to the hospital but had no money to pay the medical bills and only managed to foot the bill with the help of well wishers. Her husband Mr. Meshack Nyongesa insisted on taking the child to Webuye with him even after the bill had been raised.

” I had brought my son for treatment this morning but I had no money to pay my bills so, I requested my husband to help which he denied me, well wishers raised the amount for the bill but my husband has insisted on taking my son with him, ” said Mrs. Nyongesa.

She claims that ever since Meshack Nyongesa left for Webuye in the pretence of going to work a couple of months ago, he has returned home or sent any financial assistance for his family. Mrs. Elizabeth didn’t buy her husband’s idea of working in Webuye and she is sure he left her for another woman.

Mrs. Jackline Nyongesa.

“My husband abandoned us saying he was going to work in Webuye but he has never supported us ever since he left and he now just arrived wanting to take my son with him to his mistresses place in Webuye,” said Elizabeth

When all the attention was focused on Mrs. Elizabeth, Mr. Meshack disappeared and was no where to be seen, he refused to give his side of the story but insisted that his wife lying.

Mrs. Elizabeth has made a plea to the government to help her get custody of her son.

“I would like to ask the government to help me keep the custody of my kids but my husband should come back to us or pay alimony.

No comments:

Post a Comment